Thursday, April 03, 2008

March 13, 2008- Anesthesia Boards

Today were our local anesthesia board exams. The written portion was in the morning. It was intense. I passed! Two girls from our class did not pass. That was hard to see them so devastated because you can't even take the clinical portion if you don't pass the written. It was a huge relief to pass. The examiners were extremely nice, especially for the clinical portion. I used Kim for my patient and everything that could have gone wrong went wrong. I got a HUGE positive aspiration on my IA and then when I went in again I had osseous contact. I just tried to stay calm and redirect. It was scary, and then when I opened up my envelope I was terrified. I had a huge fear of not passing because knowing my luck I would not pass. However, I didn't fail. I passed! What a huge relief. I feel so much better now!

2 comments:

Shantay said...

As a senior in the Dental Hygiene program in Washington, I was wondering if you have any suggestions about how to study for it. Just read Malamed?

Shantay said...

Did you find any websites or study guides that were useful? Thanks! Congradulations on passing!