Tuesday, November 20, 2007

November 20

This morning I had an older woman who was a class 5. She was very nice and great to talk to. I didn't have to do x-rays, so things went very smooth. I scaled pretty quick and got her out of the chair quick. I did struggle with her lower anteriors because there was so much attrition that the mesial and distal edges were just so thin. It made me nervous to scale those because I felt like I was just removing tooth. It went well though, and I only missed one small spot on those lower anteriors.

My afternoon patient was the husband of my patient this morning. He was also very pleasant. His mouth was a little bit more difficult because he had tons of plaque that almost felt like soft calculus. It was another good challenge for me. He kept falling asleep which made access difficult, and it took me a little bit longer, but I didn't miss a spot on him. I also did the blood glucose PE. I felt like I didn't know what I was doing, but it was so easy. I think it was just intimidating to think that I had to prick someone's finger. It was really easy. I am glad today is over!

2 comments:

Kami said...

Holly,

I laughed reading your blog. First of all, we need to address your distrust of faculty, ha ha. Actually, I do think that it is a concern that faculty does not engender your respect. Perhaps you could fill me in on this.

Having worked with you at the VA, I think that your skills have really improved and that you do well. I will visit your blog again soon.

Skye said...

I think you are so sweet and I'm glad we got to work together this semester!