Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Real Date: November 13

This morning was a frustrating one. I scheduled a patient last night who sounded really eager to come in and get her teeth cleaned. She even let me know that she wanted nitrous. I thought for sure that she would come in. Well, she didn't show up and she wouldn't answer her phone. That is so frustrating because I wish that she would have just told me she wasn't coming so I could have scheduled someone else. Oh well. Anyway, I called practically everyone on the recall list and no one could come in. I ended up helping the other girls. It was fine, I am not worried about the requirements, I was looking forward to the extra quads though.

This afternoon was incredibly productive. My class 3 patient came back to have me finish her 2 quads. She brought her baby again, claiming that her babysitter cancelled again, but she came prepared with toys and snacks. I made it through one quad before he started fussing. Then Tori came and helped out. It was great of her. I felt bad, but there was nothing that I could do. I just focused on getting her done so she wouldn' t have to come back again. I actually passed off 4 PE's on her which felt great to get done. I also did a sealant PE on Kim's patient. Yeah! For not having anyone this morning, I sure got a lot accomplished!

No comments: