Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11

This morning at 6:30 my first patient called and left a message telling me that she was sick. I called her back and she said that she was still going to come in, but she just didn't feel very good. I was just really relieved that she was still going to come in. She is my class 3, and I wanted to get her done today. She had to be anesthetized, on the entire upper and the lower right. That took time to get that done. Today I seemed to be better than last week with the ultrasonic. I didn't spray her all over her face and neck. I felt good about the quads I got done. It was tricky to fulcrum when she had so many teeth missing, but I thought I did pretty good. I got her finished.

My second patient was an older gentleman who, unbeknownst to me, had a lot of health problems. Luckily he was on top of everything, and all of his problems were under control, but just doing the health history took 1 hour. We also took some x-rays which was good. I was nervous, because I hadn't taken any x-rays in clinic yet this semester, but it went fine. I also took a pano. He had to leave early for another appointment, so we didn't get to even start the OD which was frustrating. However, he will be a good classification, so that makes it worth it!

No comments: