Tuesday, October 23, 2007

October 16

Today was a good day. We had a lab all morning which was nice because then we didn't have to find a patient. We went over the saliva test which was absolutely disgusting. I was gagging so bad. We also talked about the right and left ultrasonic handpieces. I was intimidated by them at first, but they seem like a something that will be great to use. We also learned how to place periodontal medicaments. We got to practice placing arestin, atridox, and the periochip in a hot dog. It was actually really fun and interesting.

The second half of the day I had a class 3 patient come back to start scaling her. I had to finish taking a full mouth of x-rays and then I got one quad done. I had instructor Perry who was filling in for professor Alexander. I was really nervous to have him as my instructor, because I have heard that he is hard and he asks you a lot of questions, but I thought he was great. He does ask a lot of questions, but it really makes you think and learn new things. It went well and I didn't even miss any places in the quad. It was great!

No comments: