Tuesday, October 02, 2007

October 2

I DID NOT WANT TO BE HERE TODAY! I was so tired this morning, and I feel like a grouch. Luckily my patients weren't too bad, and they were pretty easy. My first patient was a very nice lady who was a class 5. I did BWX and I could not get the crestal bone on the upper molars, so I ended up taking 2 supplemental PA's. It was fine, I just got frustrated. Her mouth was quite healthy. We switched instructors today, and now I have Professor Alexander. I feel like she gives good feedback. She didn't have much calculus, just some on the lower anteriors. I made good time. It was good.

My second patient was an older gentleman who was also a class 5, which is fine because I need fives. I declared it as an exam just to get it done. He was a very nice man, and it went fairly quickly because I didn't have to do any x-rays and the CA helped me to probe. I scaled his teeth pretty quick because he didn't have hardly any deposit on his teeth. I felt pretty good about it, and I only missed one spot. It feels good to have that done. I think that for me a good goal would be to just trust myself. I always feel like I have to go over areas just in case I missed any calculus, but I should just ask for a scale check and have them check. Then I will be able to go quicker and know areas that I have trouble.

No comments: