Tuesday, October 09, 2007

October 9

Today was a good clinic day. My first patient was 45 minutes late, and she brought her little one year old baby. It took a lot of time to go through everything, but one of my peers helped me record and it went well. My patient is 3 quads of a hard 3 and 1 quad of a 4 which will be interesting. I couldn't believe the probe depths I was getting. A lot of 8mm's and even an 11 and 12. The probe just kept going farther and farther. I got a few x-rays taken and I couldn't believe the bone loss, expecially on the lower anteriors. It was crazy.

My second patient was a class 2 who had very tenacious calculus. I missed a lot of places on the lower anterior teeth. Kami told me that this was a very good learning experience for me. It was really challenging. The calculus was so hard to get off. It was a really good experience and I got some good pointers. I just need to remember to go toward the tooth!

No comments: