Tuesday, October 23, 2007

October 23

Today seemed like a really bad day when I was in the moment, but looking back on it, it really was not that bad! I had a patient in the morning who had not had her teeth cleaned for almost 3 years. I was crossing my fingers that she would be a good mock board. I didn't like her. She was just a hard person. I had to take some x-rays, which she didn't want, so I paid for them thinking that she would just be a mock board and it would be fine. My instructor checked to see if there would be enough calculus and she thought there would be, but it was pretty light calculus, so I don't know that I trust her. She is not a 2nd year instructor so I am worried that my patient won't qualify next week. It is frustrating to find a patient who is good for the board. I just hope she comes and everything works out.

This afternoon my patient cancelled. I was actually really glad because we had to get our poster printed off at lunch and it wasn't working and we had to have it done today so we can present it on friday at UDHA in SLC. Everything worked out though because I was able to get the poster done and help out a lot of other girls with their charting and stuff. Everything always works out really well!

No comments: